* It is reported that bulk carrier GALAPAGOS (Built 2010, Grt 41,342) and container carrier ZEPHYR LUMOS collided in the Malacca strait, 14 nautical miles southwest of Kuala Sungai, Malaysia on 10th July 2021.
* GALAPAGOS is reported to be laden with up to 90,068 metric tons of bulk cargo and was proceeding from Gladstone, Australia to Visakhapatnam, India. at the time of the collision. ZEPHYR LUMOS was proceeding from Singapore to the Suez canal.
* Following the collision, both vessels are reported to have sustained damage and have proceeded to anchor for assessment and investigation near to the location of the collision.
* It is possible that Salvage, General Average and recovery issues may arise as a result of this casualty.
* Should you insure any of the cargo carried onboard either vessel, we recommend that you contact us as soon as possible so that we can immediately start taking steps to protect your interests.