|Name||CMA CGM Barracuda|
|Date||13 January 2023|
|Year of Build||2007|
|Casualty type||Machinery Failure|
|Vessel Type||Container Carrier - VT UCC|
16th January 2023
***** SALVAGE SECURITY REQUIRED *****
We have received the following updated information concerning the grounding of container ship, CMA CGM BARRACUDA:
* Salvage services were rendered to the vessel by professional salvors under the terms of a Lloyd's Standard Form of Salvage Agreement entered into with shipowners.
* Consequently, Salvage security will be required to be provided by a party acceptable to the Salvors or the Council of Lloyd's on behalf of all Cargo Interests and W K Webster may be able to assist. Security provided by WKW is acceptable to the Council of Lloyd's and widely preferred by professional Salvors.
* We are currently making enquiries of Salvors as to the terms and value of the Salvage security to be provided.
* Shipowners may also declare General Average. If so, General Average security may be required from all Cargo Interests prior to the delivery of their cargo and we are also likely to be able to assist in that regard.
* We therefore recommend that you contact us urgently if you are concerned with any cargo stowed on board this vessel so that we can immediately start taking steps to protect your interests.
13th January 2023
* We have received reports that container ship CMA CGM BARRACUDA experienced a rudder failure and subsequently ran aground off Hansweert, Netherlands on 13 January 2023.
* It is reported that the vessel was later refloated, in challenging weather conditions, with the assistance of up to 12 tugs and the vessel is reported to have resumed its voyage towards Hamburg.
* Nevertheless, it is possible that General Average/Salvage and associated recovery issues may arise as a result of this incident.
* We therefore recommend that you contact us if you are concerned with any cargo on board this vessel so that we can immediately start taking steps to protect your interests.